Friday, July 4, 2008

Yawn... oppression... yawn

I know, I know, not another one. But I am kind of captivated by Zimbabwe at the moment. Apparently, the US Embassy has been putting people in safe houses when they come to the Embassy seeking asylum, but now they are running out of safe houses. This article talks about the woman who's baby's legs were broken in an effort to get her to turn her MDC-supporting husband in.

Now, she and a bunch of others are living in the courtyard of a house, afraid to go anywhere, her husband is underground and both she and her husband have decided he should keep fighting the good fight.

I swear, I get shivers and teary-eyed just thinking about it. Though, to be fair, I am a bit over-emotional these days.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/144521/page/1

No comments: