Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Movin on up

Today I head out for two weeks in Uganda for various and sundry meetings and such. In a really REALLY nice resort. I mean, I have to share a room with a colleague but still... treadmills... swimming pools.... verandas! Vaguely colonial British Raj lifestyle and hot showers! Buffets people!

I've been dreading it but now, I'm a little jazzed.

Anyway, I started this posting with the intention of saying 'Oh, well, ya know, I'll be in developed Africa for a bit, so don't expect any posts, blah blah blah' however, upon reflection, y'all only ever get one side of aid world from me, the field-based, mud covered, sickly side. There is another side, the consultant, UN, six figure salary, having a conference on world poverty in a $400 a night hotel side. This isn't quite that, but it is similar.

So expect dispatches from the dark side coming your way soon.

Did I mention the satellite tv and air con? Oh baby!

No comments: